Terms & Conditions
Our Terms & Conditions clauses define the conditions which one must accept in order to use the Doctor2Go application and website. If you do not agree with these policies, please do not use the doctor2go.co.nz application.
2. Healthcare Services. All of the Medical Officers who deliver Services through Doctor 2 Go are independent professionals solely responsible for the services each provides to you. Doctor 2 Go does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Medical Officers, each of whom is responsible for his or her services and compliance with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license. Neither Doctor 2 Go nor any third parties who promote the Services or provide you with a link to the Service shall be liable for any professional advice you obtain from a Medical Officer via the Services.
3. Site Content. None of the Site content (other than information you receive from Medical Officers) should be considered medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you.
4. Informed Consent.
A. Telehealth is the delivery of health care services using interactive audio and video
technology, where the patient and the health care professional are not in the same physical location. During your telehealth consultation with a Medical Officer, details of your medical or health history and personal health information may be discussed with you through the use of interactive video, audio and other telecommunications technology, and your Medical Officer may perform a physical examination through these technologies. Depending on your medical or health history and/or specific complaint, you may be asked to provide further information. You may also be asked for proof of identity with a driver’s license or other legal document.
B. You should seek emergency help or follow-up care when recommended by a Medical Officer or when otherwise needed. We may make arrangements for follow up care either through Doctor 2 Go, an Allied Health Practitioner or other healthcare providers. If the
transmission fails during your telehealth consultation with a Medical Officer, the Medical Officer will make an attempt to reach you via telephone or other method. If you are not contacted by the Medical Officer, then a member of our customer support team will contact you to help you get reconnected. Among the benefits or our Services are improved access to healthcare professionals and convenience. However, as with any medical or health service, there are potential risks associated with the use of telehealth. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
i. In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate medical or health care decision making by the Medical Officer;
ii. Delays in evaluation or treatment could occur due to failures of the electronic equipment;
iii. In rare cases, a lack of access to all of your medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors;
iv. Although the electronic systems we use will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, in rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal health
i. You understand that you may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telehealth in your care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
ii. You understand that the laws that protect the privacy and security of health information apply to telehealth, and have received Doctor 2 Go’s Health Information Privacy Statement, which describes these protections in more detail.
iii. Your Medical Officer may determine that the Services are not appropriate for some or all of your treatment needs, and accordingly may elect not to provide telehealth services to you through the Site in your Medical Officer’s sole discretion.
6. User Accounts. When you register on the Site, you are required to create an account (“Account”) by entering your name, email address, password and certain other information collected by Doctor 2 Go (collectively “Account Information”). To create an Account, you must be of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract, you may not register to use our Services. You agree that the Account Information that you provide to us at all times, including during registration and in any information you upload to the Site will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You may not transfer or share your Account password with anyone, or create more than one Account .You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password and for all activities that occur under your Account. Doctor 2 Go reserves the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, regarding the security of the Site and your Account Information. In no event and under no circumstances shall Doctor 2 Go be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of your use of the Site, your use of the Account Information or your release of the Account Information to a third party. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time.
10. Website Links. We will not be liable for any information, software, or links found at any other website, internet location, or source of information, nor for your use of such information, software or links, nor for the acts or omissions of any such websites or their respective operators.
12. Trademarks. Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Services may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (“Marks“) of Doctor 2 Go or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of Doctor 2 Go. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities.
13. Termination. You may deactivate your Account and end your registration at any time, for any reason by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Doctor 2 Go may suspend or terminate your use of the Site, your Account and/or registration for any reason at any time. Subject to applicable law, Doctor 2 Go reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Site pursuant to its internal record retention and/or content destruction policies. After such termination, Doctor 2 Go will have no further obligation to provide the Services, except to the extent we are obligated to provide you access to your health records or Medical Officers are required to provide you with continuing care under their applicable legal, ethical and professional obligations to you.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. You expressly agree that use of the site or services is at your sole risk. Both the site and services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Doctor 2 go expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose, non-infringement, title, operability, condition, quiet enjoyment, value, accuracy of data and system integration. You acknowledges and agree that the Medical Officers using the Site are solely responsible for and will have complete authority, responsibility, supervision, and control over the provision of all medical services, advice, instructions, treatment decisions, and other professional health care services performed, and that all diagnoses, treatments, procedures, and other professional health care services will be provided and performed exclusively by or under the supervision of Medical Officers, in their sole discretion, as they deem appropriate.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You understand that to the extent permitted under applicable law, in no event will doctor 2 go or its officers, employees, directors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or licensors be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of revenues, profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses arising out of or related to your use of the site or the services, regardless of whether such damages are based on contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability), warranty, statute or otherwise. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
17. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Doctor 2 Go, its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claim, actions, demands, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (“Claims”), resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these terms and conditions. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless your Medical Officer(s) from and against any third party Claims resulting from your lack of adherence with the advice or recommendation(s) of such Medical Officer.
18. Geographical Restrictions. Doctor 2 Go makes no representation that all products, services and/or material described on the Site, or the Services available through the Site, are appropriate or available for use in locations outside New Zealand.